More than two centuries ago, a soldier serving under Napoleon by the name of Jean de Sain settled at present-day Woudenbergseweg in Zeist. There, he set up a public house annex café.
In 1947, these premises, which dated back to 1804, were bought by the Bakker family. Nowadays, it houses our hotel's Brasserie 't Voorhuys. Over a period of time covering over 60 years, the establishment was renovated and added to. It presently forms one of the most renowned hotel and catering businesses within the province of Utrecht.